Monday Cuppa Moment 6/15
Happy Monday! A very happy shout out to my son-in-law on his birthday today! Raising this birthday frappuccino for you, Justin :) And just in case any of you want to give it a try, here's the recipe.
I'm on deadline for COLD SHOT's revisions and have heard about author friends taking a deadline writing retreat, so I thought 'why not?' I booked a room for three days at the beach and set off. It ended up being a very productive and interesting three days. Here's a few tips for anyone considering doing the same:
1. Pick a non-trafficky time to travel, especially if you live in a metro area. Listening to an audio book is a great way to pass the time. I enjoyed Becky Wade's A Love Like Ours.
2. Start out each day with a good breakfast and lots of coffee.
3. Get a comfortable place to write--shade included.
4. Put your toes in the sand--instant relaxation.
5. Take time to watch the surfers.
6. Take time to watch the sunset.
7. Enjoy the air show. I had no idea the air show was this weekend, but I had the pleasure of watching the Blue Angels practice for two days. It was awesome!!!!!
Here's a short video:
8. Do NOT lock yourself out of your hotel room in your P.J.s.
Sorry, folks, no embarrassing photo here--thank, goodness :)
9. Always pack cute P.J.s in case the above happens.
10. Make sure you stay somewhere with a good source of coffee. My hotel had a Starbucks in the lobby. Wish that was my cup!
Hope you enjoyed these tips even if you're not on a writing retreat. They apply to any trip, especially beach trips. Anyone have a fun trip planned this summer?