Monday Cuppa Moment 11/30
Have you enjoyed your survival juice today? I sure have :)
I hope you had wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We have a tradition of putting up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Our house looks like a winter wonderland.
It's hard to believe Christmas is less than a month away. How are your preparations coming? To be completely honest, I hate when people ask me that because it only reminds me of all I still have to do. To do. I wonder what Jesus thinks of all the 'doing' that goes on in preparation for celebrating His birth. This year I've come up with a few ideas to help me focus on Christ's birth and manage all the to-do's on my list. I thought I'd share a few with you in case they're helpful:
Make a list of gifts I need to get so I can check them off as I purchase them.
- Shop online. There are great sales and it saves time of dealing with crowds and lines.
- Make crock pot meals so I can relax in the evening with my family.
- Set aside free days for fun Christmas traditions. This takes a little juggling in my schedule, but I've made it work.
- Start each day in prayer and Bible study.
- Remember gifts don't have to be big or even purchased. You can make cookies, print out pictures and frame them, even simply share a meal together as a way to show your appreciation and love.
- Save on postage and time and send e-Christmas cards.
- Remember to take time--even if it's a 10 minute coffee or tea break and reflect on the meaning of the season.
Hope these tips have been helpful to you. How about you? Any fun tips to share? I'm always looking for great idea.
Congrats again to Edward Arrington on winning the Advanced Copy of COLD SHOT. Edward, simply email me your mailing address to email@example.com and I will get your coffee and book in the mail to you. Hope you enjoy!
Thanks to all who took time to enter. I'll be doing another giveaway in December so stay tuned.
Hope you're having a blessed Monday,