Hi Friends, I hope you’re having a great week. It’s so hard to believe we’re into February. In fact, next week is the most romantic holiday of all—Valentine’s Day. To celebrate, I’ve joined forces with some awesome romance author friends to do a special LOVING WELL giveaway.
Today I’ll be sharing about Loving Kids Well. These can be your own children, your grandchildren, your nieces and nephews, or simply kids you interact with on a regular basis. Children are a blessing from the Lord and they deserved to be loved and cherished. Here are 8 Ways to Love Kids Well:
- Spend Time With Them—The number one way you can show kids you love them is by investing in their lives. We’re all so busy these days. Take time to give your child or the children in your life undivided attention.
- Listen—Kids love to talk and are very open about what’s important to them. Give them the opportunity to share and really listen to what they are saying.
- Figure Out Their Love Language—Every child has a different love language. Figure out what your child’s is and show them love in that way. See this link for more information: http://www.thrivingfamily.com/Features/Web/2010/jan/love-language.aspx
- Have Fun—Life can be busy, but it’s important to give kids time to be kids. Put on music and dance around together. Stare at clouds and see what find shapes you can find. Bake a cake. Laugh.
- Encourage—Everyone needs encouragement. Kids are no different. Find ways to encourage them each day. Leave a note for them saying they’re special in their lunch box, on the bathroom mirror in shaving cream, or on a post-it note by their bed.
- Exhibit Qualities You Want Them To Learn—Kids learn best by example. Teach your kids the Fruits of the Spirit by exhibiting them in your life. Be loving, kind, joyful, patient, faithful and gentle with them.
- Appreciate That God Made Them Unique—God made us all unique. Don’t fall into the trap of comparing your child to others, even siblings. God created each of us in our mother’s womb. He knit us together. Let your child/grandchild/niece know you’re so thankful for the special and unique person God created them to be.
- Share Jesus With Them—The most important way you can love your child well is to share Jesus with him or her. Spend time in pray, read God’s Word, tell them how much Jesus loves them.
Be sure to visit each of the Valentine’s Giveaway blog stops and you’ll be able to collect a word on each page that will add up to a ‘secret sentence’ by the final stop. Enter the sentence into the entry box at the final stop and be entered to win a special prize.
My word is SHE.
Upcoming Blog Hop Stops:
Feb 6th visit Rachel Hauck by clicking here
Feb 8th visit Lisa Wingate by clicking here
Feb 9th visit Katie Ganshert by clicking here
Feb 10th visit Susan May Warren by clicking here
Feb 13th visit Becky Wade by clicking here
To enter the giveaway, simply complete the form below: